badly_knitted: (BSP 5 - Dee & Ryo)
[personal profile] badly_knitted



Title: Can't Win For Losing
Fandom: FAKE
Author: 
[personal profile] badly_knitted
Characters: Ryo, Dee.
Rating: PG
Setting: After Like Like Love.
Summary: As usual, Dee’s poker night didn’t go his way.
Written Using: The dw100 prompt ‘Who’.
Disclaimer: I don’t own FAKE, or the characters. They belong to the wonderful Sanami Matoh.
A/N: Double drabble.
 
 


“Who won?” Ryo asked, looking up from his book as Dee arrived back from his monthly poker night with some of his old friends.

 
“Not me, I can tell ya that much.” Dee flopped bonelessly onto the sofa beside his lover. “Maybe it’s time I faced facts; I’m just not good enough to play against that bunch of sharks.”
 

“Poor Dee, broke again.” Ryo grinned teasingly.


 
“Nah, I quit before I lost everything, still got a few bucks left. No way I was gonna let ‘em clean me out this time.” It was a low-stakes game, and Dee had a strict budget for poker nights that he wouldn’t go over, but it still stung when he lost, and since starting this monthly get together with his old buddies, he’d lost every time. “I swear they gotta be cheatin’. Should be a law against that, then I could bust ‘em all. You’d think they’d know better than to fleece a cop.”

 
“They don’t think of you that way, Dee. They’ve known you since you were a kid; the fact that you’re a detective now is… incidental.”

 
“You’re comin’ with next time. See how they fare against someone plays better than me.”
 

 
The End


Sequel: 'Card Sharp'

 



 
 

(no subject)

Date: 2025-11-11 11:30 pm (UTC)
mrs_sweetpeach: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mrs_sweetpeach
That will be interesting. Especially if he sees how they are cheating (if they are).

Profile

badly_knitted: (Default)badly_knitted

July 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 2425
262728293031 

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 24th, 2026 11:46 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios